Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Crazy Week

Hello from Haiti!!!

I made it here this afternoon. I have lost a pound sweating but gained two pounds of rice, beans, and fried plantain... (okay I really have not but by the time I get back!!)

However I cannot share any pictures with you because my cord to connect my computer and camara are in my checked luggage that is somewhere between here and Chicago!

As are my clothes, my other cool stuff, and some other supplies I was bringing. oh well. I have a couple pairs of underwear and people have scrubs. My tennis shoes are checked as is my big towel. so I am using my hand towel until then, good thing it is micro dry.

I have a room, its actually the same room I lived in when I was here. It still has the mural I painted!!
I did not bring my tent so I was glad to have a room!

I have seen Ti Gary, my little boy that came to live with us when I was here in 2003. He has grown a foot at least, he looks fantastic, he told me he does not know how to read yet. I made him promise me to learn, but I also told him I would not forget my Kreyol. I have forgotten most of it, so I will have a steep learning curve over this week.

I started working almost right away. I am going to be running around administrating the hospital, and getting teams through their week.
Luckily I have a fellow classmate this week until next friday to orient me. I also am working with University of Notre Dame, my former employers here in Haiti!! There is one ND grad and current medical student who will be coming and going while I am here. I am grateful for the support and encouragement!

More info as this week comes to a close!

Take care,

blessings and Irish Cheer!!

kristina

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you made it safely although without your luggage. I am sure it will arrive soon! Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers...

    ReplyDelete